From: Walt Herman on
I have an Append query with approx 25000 records with 8 fields and I am
trying to append it into a static table and the performance is abysmal. Can
anyone suggest a way in which I can improve the performance? Is there a SQL
Command that might be quicker and if so, can you provide a sample of the
syntax? Many thanks in advance.

Regards,

Walt
From: John W. Vinson on
On Wed, 5 May 2010 10:26:05 -0700, Walt Herman
<WaltHerman(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have an Append query with approx 25000 records with 8 fields and I am
>trying to append it into a static table and the performance is abysmal. Can
>anyone suggest a way in which I can improve the performance? Is there a SQL
>Command that might be quicker and if so, can you provide a sample of the
>syntax? Many thanks in advance.

Could you post the SQL? Where is the data coming from, and where is it going
to? What indexes do you have? (Indexes on the source table should speed things
up; indexes on the target table will slow things down, since Access must
update them for every row).
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]
From: Jerry Whittle on
"the performance is abysmal."

Can you quantify that in the number of second, minutes, or (shudder!!) hours
that it takes?

Do you have Set Warnings turned off in code or a macro before running the
query? That can speed things up, but just don't forget to turn Set Warnings
back on afterwards.
--
Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP