From: Webbert on
I recently rebuilt my machine and re-installed Outlook 2007 and am now
connected to a different exchange server from before.

The alarm icon doesn't show up on the appointments when looking at the
calendar and I don't get popup reminders.
If I open each appointment, the reminder is set for 15 min.

I verified Tools -> Options -> Calendar
[X] Default reminder: 15 min

I tried
outlook.exe /resetfolders
outlook.exe /cleanreminders
outlook.exe /cleanviews

I do get an error during Outlook Send/Receive
! Task 'Microsoft Exchange' reported error (0x800401f): 'The operation
failed. An object cannot be found'
From: Diane Poremsky [MVP] on
the error sounds like an address book error - it shouldn't affect the
reminder though. how did you move the outlook data to the new machine? Did
you make a totally new profile? Did you use office diagnostics yet?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:
dailytips-subscribe-request(a)lists.outlooktips.net

EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST(a)PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM

newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.

From: Webbert on
I did replace the files in C:\Users\Dave\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook
after I had rebuilt the machine. The first time I started outlook I had
to create a new profile and enter the server information.

I was unaware of the office diagnostics tests.
I found it and ran it.
Status of all tests are completed successfully with no errors or warnings.