From: Rich on
John Navas <spamfilter1(a)navasgroup.com> wrote in

> On Thu, 8 Jul 2010 13:55:15 -0700 (PDT), in
> <d177f629-63ab-4efd-8c63-54d66bb72c1a(a)u7g2000yqm.googlegroups.com>, Rich
> <rander3127(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>http://dpreview.com/news/1007/10070801sonywx5tx9t99.asp
>
> Must you troll this way incessantly?
> Was someone you loved maimed by a compact camera?
> Could you please give it a rest?

Come on, you KNOW colour plays an important part in people's perceptions of
whether a camera is a tool or a toy.
Unless you've got a "Jade Green" D3s!!!!
From: Outing Trolls is FUN! on
On Thu, 08 Jul 2010 19:17:38 -0500, Rich <none(a)nowhere.com> wrote:

>John Navas <spamfilter1(a)navasgroup.com> wrote in
>
>> On Thu, 8 Jul 2010 13:55:15 -0700 (PDT), in
>> <d177f629-63ab-4efd-8c63-54d66bb72c1a(a)u7g2000yqm.googlegroups.com>, Rich
>> <rander3127(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>>http://dpreview.com/news/1007/10070801sonywx5tx9t99.asp
>>
>> Must you troll this way incessantly?
>> Was someone you loved maimed by a compact camera?
>> Could you please give it a rest?
>>

>Come on, you KNOW colour plays an important part in people's perceptions of
>whether a camera is a tool or a toy.
>Unless you've got a "Jade Green" D3s!!!!

Rich is only showing his supreme ignorance again. A khaki colored camera
could be invaluable to the wildlife photographer. I quite liked the shade
of it myself. With my knowing how much that contrasting shades and hues can
distract insects and other animals from their normal behavior. I even used
a razor to scrape off the bright-red logo from my camo-colored hunting cap
because it would distract bees and other insects away from their flowers
where I needed them staged for their photographs.

Go ahead Rich! Show us all just how pathetically ignorant and inexperienced
you are yet again about every facet of photography! You do it so well, and
so often!

LOL!

From: Bruce on
On Thu, 8 Jul 2010 13:55:15 -0700 (PDT), Rich <rander3127(a)gmail.com>
wrote:

>http://dpreview.com/news/1007/10070801sonywx5tx9t99.asp

What is perhaps slightly more interesting than Rich's puerile comments
about the colour of the Sony Cyber-shot T-99 is Sony's claims of
"DSLR-style" ultra-low noise from the Exmor R CMOS Sensor and a new
Background Defocus mode. The press release states:

"Powered by the 12.2 megapixel Exmor R� CMOS Sensor, Superior Auto
mode captures a high-speed burst of up to six frames when you press
the shutter button. Camera settings are automatically optimised
according to shooting conditions. Cyber-shot� then combines
information from each frame to create an exquisite, low-noise picture
with wide dynamic range, as enjoyed by DSLR photo enthusiasts.

"As an extra refinement, new Background Defocus makes it easy to
achieve pro-style images, similar to the results achieved with a DSLR
camera and wide-aperture lens. Cyber-shot� rapidly shoots two frames
when the shutter button is pressed. Position information between the
foreground and background is analysed automatically, creating a single
picture with your subject in sharp focus and a beautifully blurred
background"

I look forward to seeing a review of a camera fitted with this sensor.
From: Robert Coe on
On Thu, 08 Jul 2010 19:16:40 -0500, Rich <none(a)nowhere.com> wrote:
: Irwell <hook(a)yahoo.com> wrote in news:1qshqw3s7vurd$.2a3z7ei2plu$.dlg@
: 40tude.net:
:
: > On Thu, 8 Jul 2010 13:55:15 -0700 (PDT), Rich wrote:
: >
: >> http://dpreview.com/news/1007/10070801sonywx5tx9t99.asp
: >
: > Call it Jade Green and it looks nice.
: > Most puke is pizza coloured.
:
: How about "Insitutional Urinal Green?"

Every institutional urinal I ever saw was white.

Bob
From: Rich on
Bruce <docnews2011(a)gmail.com> wrote in

> What is perhaps slightly more interesting than Rich's puerile comments
> about the colour of the Sony Cyber-shot T-99 is Sony's claims of
> "DSLR-style" ultra-low noise from the Exmor R CMOS Sensor and a new
> Background Defocus mode. The press release states:
>
> "Powered by the 12.2 megapixel Exmor R� CMOS Sensor, Superior Auto
> mode captures a high-speed burst of up to six frames when you press
> the shutter button. Camera settings are automatically optimised
> according to shooting conditions. Cyber-shot� then combines
> information from each frame to create an exquisite, low-noise picture
> with wide dynamic range, as enjoyed by DSLR photo enthusiasts.
>
> "As an extra refinement, new Background Defocus makes it easy to
> achieve pro-style images, similar to the results achieved with a DSLR
> camera and wide-aperture lens. Cyber-shot� rapidly shoots two frames
> when the shutter button is pressed. Position information between the
> foreground and background is analysed automatically, creating a single
> picture with your subject in sharp focus and a beautifully blurred
> background"
>

> I look forward to seeing a review of a camera fitted with this sensor.

Just read any review for a current P&S, they are all the same.