From: joker197cinque on
What happens when auto-archive items is enabled on client with Outlook
2007 ?
Are these items saved in First Storage Group ?
What happened to me is that a newly formatted client, searching for
very very old mail, didn't find them.
Does auto-archiving items move mail locally to the client and delete
them from server ? This is a bit strange to me...
Can you help me ?
Thanks.
From: M on
Hello:

Auto-archiving is done on the client side to a PST file either on the local
computer or network share. Mail is moved from the server to the PST file.

Search for *.PST on the client's old computer and network drives. IIRC, the
default name should be ARCHIVE.PST. If you can't get to the client's old
computer data and can't find the PST, then you'll have to do a restore.

--
Regards,
MCTS, MCSA

From: John Oliver, Jr. [MVP] on
The archive file in Outlook 2007 is a local data .pst file. Nothing is
stored in Exchange for this file.

--
John Oliver, Jr
MCSE, MCT, CCNA