From: Excel timer macro Excel timer on
Are there any macros for a simple countdown timer in Excel? I'd like a small
countdown window in an upper corner to show a timed countdown from 10
minutes. Thanks.
From: JLatham on
For a timer it's not just one macro, but several. Here are some links with
code and even one with several ready-built count-down timers and clocks.
Once you've got the gist of it all, you can ask how to modify one of them
(show us the code) to do it just the way you want.

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Excel-1059/Countdown-Timer-Cells-Excel-1.htm

http://www.mrexcel.com/archive/VBA/2357.html

several available on this page
http://microsoft1.software.informer.com/download-microsoft-excel-countdown-timers/