From: bduck on
How do you copy text from a cell and paste it to another cell and Keep its
origianl color?
From: trip_to_tokyo on
EXCEL 2007

1. In cell A1 I have the word smith with a background colour of yellow.

2. Do a Ctrl-C in cell A1 to copy the cell contents.

3. Do a Ctrl-V in cell D8 (for example) and cell contents are copied across
with identical formats.

Thanks.

From: Dave Peterson on
Doesn't it paste the formatting for you when you just do a copy|paste?

If no, you may want to explain what you're doing and what happens.

--

Dave Peterson
From: "David Biddulph" groups [at] on
Copy the cell, rather than copying from the formula bar.
--
David Biddulph