From: inventor1984 on
I would like to learn Visual Studio 2008 on Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit
as I have this OS and need to write....

I question did you have to go to a University to learn this?

Can you lean it for free on the web?

How much does VS cost?

ie... could I use VS to edit the menu in Live Mail to add insert time
and date like Outlook has

and edit the menu in Live Mail to add insert signature?

ie... what are some things I could write using VS... that I and add to
ie 8 Live Mail Photo Manager etc

thanks

inventsomething at live dot com

Greg

From: Alexey Smirnov on

Start with a book
e.g.

Visual Studio 2008 For Dummies
http://www.amazon.com/Visual-Studio-2008-Reference-Dummies/dp/0470191082
From: Nathan Sokalski on
I tried reinstalling Visual Studio 2008, and I do have the service pack:

Microsoft Visual Studio 2008
Version 9.0.30729.1 SP
Microsoft .NET Framework
Version 3.5 SP1

But I still receive the same problem. Any other ideas? Thank you for your
help.
--
Nathan Sokalski
njsokalski(a)hotmail.com

From: Nathan Sokalski on
The control is one that I wrote, and to the best of my knowledge it does not
use any classes that are affected by whether it is running in a 32 or 64-bit
environment. And as I said before, I have two projects with identical code
(including the source code for this control), and only one is working.

--
Nathan Sokalski
njsokalski(a)hotmail.com

From: Alexey Smirnov on
On Mar 3, 4:13 am, "Nathan Sokalski" <njsokal...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
> The control is one that I wrote, and to the best of my knowledge it does not
> use any classes that are affected by whether it is running in a 32 or 64-bit
> environment. And as I said before, I have two projects with identical code
> (including the source code for this control), and only one is working.
>
> --
> Nathan Sokalski
> njsokal...(a)hotmail.comhttp://www.nathansokalski.com/
>
> "Family Tree Mike" <FamilyTreeM...(a)ThisOldHouse.com> wrote in messagenews:#4T4B9muKHA.4636(a)TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>

> > On 3/2/2010 5:20 PM, Nathan Sokalski wrote:
> >> I tried reinstalling Visual Studio 2008, and I do have the service pack:
>
> >> Microsoft Visual Studio 2008
> >> Version 9.0.30729.1 SP
> >> Microsoft .NET Framework
> >> Version 3.5 SP1
>
> >> But I still receive the same problem. Any other ideas? Thank you for
> >> your help.
>
> > Perhaps the control (3rd party?) only works in 32-bit mode?
>
> > --
> > Mike- Hide quoted text -

Well, I don't really know what can be wrong there. I would try to
create a new project from scratch and add the control there. If the
problem reappears again, please check the control. If not, then there
is something else.

Hope this helps.