From: Arne Vajhøj on
On 30-06-2010 20:23, Stefan Ram wrote:
> Are there any methods in the standard .NET library that have
> parameters of an interface type?
>
> (Preferably, simple methods with only one parametersthat
> can be called without many preparations and can be easily
> understood by beginners.)

System.Collections.Generic.List<> have some methods
that take an IComparer<> parameter.

But in general .NET does not use as much interfaces
as Java.

Arne
From: Peter Duniho on
Stefan Ram wrote:
> Are there any methods in the standard .NET library that have
> parameters of an interface type?
>
> (Preferably, simple methods with only one parametersthat
> can be called without many preparations and can be easily
> understood by beginners.)

There are lots. I'd agree it's not quite as broad as what's found in
Java. But the collection-oriented types are especially represented in
this area (other examples there that come to mind include the
ReadOnlyCollection<T> constructor that takes an IList<T>, all of the
System.Linq.Enumerable extension methods, which take IEnumerable<T> and
other interfaces, of course, certain XML initialization
constructors/methods where you can find IXPathNavigator, just to name a
few).

A lot of the older .NET API seems to rely more on abstract base classes,
a la Stream, TextReader, etc. rather than interfaces.

Pete