From: Francis Baiden on
hello guys,

can someone show me how to create an array variable in an MSSQL database.

Thank u.

Francis
From: John Bell on
On Sat, 12 Jun 2010 11:37:38 -0000, "Francis Baiden"
<joebaiden1(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

>hello guys,
>
>can someone show me how to create an array variable in an MSSQL database.
>
>Thank u.
>
>Francis

There isn't an array variable type in SQL Server, although there are
table variables which are available in SQL 2005 and higher versions.

You can also look at http://www.sommarskog.se/arrays-in-sql.html

John
From: Francis Baiden on
hi,

Thanks for the reply. I will have to find another way of capturing those
data I wished there were in an array variable.

Francis

From: John Bell on
On Sun, 13 Jun 2010 19:21:45 -0000, "Francis Baiden"
<joebaiden1(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

>hi,
>
>Thanks for the reply. I will have to find another way of capturing those
>data I wished there were in an array variable.
>
>Francis
>
>"John Bell" <jbellnewsposts(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> On Sat, 12 Jun 2010 11:37:38 -0000, "Francis Baiden"
>> <joebaiden1(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>>>hello guys,
>>>
>>>can someone show me how to create an array variable in an MSSQL database.
>>>
>>>Thank u.
>>>
>>>Francis
>>
>> There isn't an array variable type in SQL Server, although there are
>> table variables which are available in SQL 2005 and higher versions.
>>
>> You can also look at http://www.sommarskog.se/arrays-in-sql.html
>>
>> John

Hi Francis

It's not clear if you are wishing to pass the array or not? If you are
passing the array then look at Table Value Parameters for SQL 2008 or
XML in 2005/8 as an alternative to a delimited list. If not then you
may want to post some code as arrays are usually necessary.

John

Pages: 1
Prev: Triggers after Insert
Next: Execute job from osql