From: Visha on
Hi,
I'm having a temporary table in SQL Server 2005, which receives the data
from external Orace DB. The data from Oracle DB inserts the data once in a
month time.

How to create a trigger which calls the storedprocedures, after all the data
is get inserted to the temporary table, not for each row insertion.

From: John Bell on
On Sat, 12 Jun 2010 04:01:21 GMT, "Visha" <u60840(a)uwe> wrote:

>Hi,
> I'm having a temporary table in SQL Server 2005, which receives the data
>from external Orace DB. The data from Oracle DB inserts the data once in a
>month time.
>
>How to create a trigger which calls the storedprocedures, after all the data
>is get inserted to the temporary table, not for each row insertion.

Hi

A trigger is activated for each INSERT, UPDATE, or DELETE statement
which may affect multiple rows. Rather than use a trigger you need to
make it part of the transfer process that is executed at the correct
stage. You don't say how the data is transferred so it is not going to
be possible to say exactly how this should be done.

John

Pages: 1
Prev: Can I backup my scripts?
Next: Array in MSSQL