From: Windows Application on
Hi Group:

I need your kind help again. I have a console window that I want
to assign it a different font than its default font. clicking on
the left corner of the title bar gives me a dialogbox where I can
select a font for this window. Now, I would like to do the same
thing programmatically without showing a dialogbox, I have tried
CreateFont() and WM_SETFONT but the new font does not replace the
default one. Is there another way to do this?

Also, I can not use SetCurrentConsoleFontEx() since I am using
Windows XP pro, this function requires Windows Vista.

Thank you...

From: Christian ASTOR on
On 19 nov, 00:11, Windows Application <sammy_lb_2...(a)netzero.com>
wrote:

> I need your kind help again. I have a console window that I want
> to assign it a different font than its default font. clicking on
> the left corner of the title bar gives me a dialogbox where I can
> select a font for this window. Now, I would like to do the same
> thing programmatically without showing a dialogbox, I have tried
> CreateFont() and WM_SETFONT but the new font does not replace the
> default one. Is there another way to do this?
>
> Also, I can not use SetCurrentConsoleFontEx() since I am using
> Windows XP pro, this function requires Windows Vista.

SetConsoleFont() with font index.
From: Uwe Sieber on

There are some undocumented console functions. Catch22
kindly offers sample code:
http://www.catch22.net/source/files/setconsoleinfo.c

Uwe