From: Gil on
Sorry to "hijack" this thread, but I cannot start a new thread. I've tried in
several groups and get the same thing. When I click on New > Question or New
> General Comment, nothing happens.

I can reply to posts and I can be notified of replies.

Any idea what might be happening?

Thanks
From: Daddy on
It's best to read this newsgroup (and all newsgroups) as they were intended
to be read: with a newsreader.

Outlook Express is your newsreader if you're using Windows XP.

"Setting Up Outlook Express Newsreader"

Windows Live Mail is your newsreader in Windows Vista and 7

"Microsoft Newsgroup Setup Instructions for Windows Live Mail"
http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/ms-newsgroup-setup-instructions-windows-live-mail/

There are also third-party newsreaders that you may prefer.

Daddy

From: pbkry2r on
I was having that problem and realized that pop-ups were being blocked for
this site. Once I allowed them for this page, I could then create a new
question/comment.

Hope that helps!

From: Gil on
Nice try, but I use Windows Live - as it was intended. I have not used OE in
years and refuse to use it for any reason - even if its for this site.

Thankfully, a post by pbkry2r was able to remedy the "problem".

Gil

From: Gil on
Bingo!

I had previously allowed pop-ups at a higher level site, but not the one
needed for the various groups. I simply allowed pop-ups for this site and it
worked. Sometimes the simple things can be overlooked.

Thank you.

Gil

"pbkry2r" wrote:

> I was having that problem and realized that pop-ups were being blocked for
> this site. Once I allowed them for this page, I could then create a new
> question/comment.
>
> Hope that helps!
>
> "Gil" wrote:
>
> > Sorry to "hijack" this thread, but I cannot start a new thread. I've tried in
> > several groups and get the same thing. When I click on New > Question or New
> > > General Comment, nothing happens.
> >
> > I can reply to posts and I can be notified of replies.
> >
> > Any idea what might be happening?
> >
> > Thanks
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2