From: bernard8950 on

I'm thinking of buying a ATI RADEON 4870(or higher) card (1024mb). I've
read somewhere that you would only get the full benefit of this card
only if you have at least a 21" LCD monitor and anything smaller would
be a waste of money. Is this right? I've have a 19" LCD monitor and I
would like to have some advice if I should think about getting a larger
screen.

--
bernard8950
From: William on

"bernard8950" <bernard8950.5d6c263(a)computerbanter.com> wrote in message

> I'm thinking of buying a ATI RADEON 4870(or higher) card (1024mb). I've
> read somewhere that you would only get the full benefit of this card
> only if you have at least a 21" LCD monitor and anything smaller would
> be a waste of money. Is this right? I've have a 19" LCD monitor and I
> would like to have some advice if I should think about getting a larger
> screen.
>

> --
> bernard8950

Benard:

Just ONE monitor, I'm worrying about adding a third one.

I went from 13" to 17" to 19" to now 22". I choose 22" when I went with two
wide screen monitors, and the size of the desk was a big factor. I would
have gone 24" the maximum size the video board will drive without going to a
dual link setup if my desk had the room for it. You can never have too
large of a monitor. Whatever size you have, you will soon want a larger
one. With ATI's Eyefinity, 3 or more monitors will soon be the norm.

22" monitors are so inexpensive it's hard to recommend anything smaller. Be
sure you get a fast high contrast ratio motor for best viewing pleasure.

Enjoy, William