From: CT_Surveyor on
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I can't seem to find the answer
in the user manuals: On an HP-50g, can Libraries that exist only on
the SD card (Port 3) be ATTACHed, or do they have to be in Port 0, 1
or 2? The LIB command seems to show only what's in Port 0-2, so I
guess the answer is probably "No", but maybe someone knows a trick or
workaround? I have an almost empty 2 gig SD card, and only 300K free
in Port 2, so it would sure be nice to run my libraries off the SD
card if possible.

Thanks!
From: Virgil on
In article
<1d5526c6-340f-42cb-918c-05097ab4b625(a)x1g2000prb.googlegroups.com>,
CT_Surveyor <ctsurv0374(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I can't seem to find the answer
> in the user manuals: On an HP-50g, can Libraries that exist only on
> the SD card (Port 3) be ATTACHed, or do they have to be in Port 0, 1
> or 2? The LIB command seems to show only what's in Port 0-2, so I
> guess the answer is probably "No", but maybe someone knows a trick or
> workaround? I have an almost empty 2 gig SD card, and only 300K free
> in Port 2, so it would sure be nice to run my libraries off the SD
> card if possible.
>
> Thanks!

The library itself must be in one of ports 0,1,or 2, but its programs
can import stuff from the SD card in the same way that standard
non-library programs can.

So you could perhaps call a large SD-stored program from a small library
program as a subroutine.
From: Dueño de Monte on
On 8 mar, 02:04, Virgil <Vir...(a)home.esc> wrote:
> In article
> <1d5526c6-340f-42cb-918c-05097ab4b...(a)x1g2000prb.googlegroups.com>,
>
>  CT_Surveyor <ctsurv0...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> > Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I can't seem to find the answer
> > in the user manuals:  On an HP-50g, can Libraries that exist only on
> > the SD card (Port 3) be ATTACHed, or do they have to be in Port 0, 1
> > or 2?  The LIB command seems to show only what's in Port 0-2, so I
> > guess the answer is probably "No", but maybe someone knows a trick or
> > workaround?  I have an almost empty 2 gig SD card, and only 300K free
> > in Port 2, so it would sure be nice to run my libraries off the SD
> > card if possible.
>
> > Thanks!
>
> The library itself must be in one of ports 0,1,or 2, but its programs
> can import stuff from the SD card in the same way that standard
> non-library programs can.
>
> So you could perhaps call a large SD-stored program from a small library
> program as a subroutine.

If you want an example the HLP49 library works that way ... ! ! !

Daniel