From: TomC on
I was using Win XP with Office 2003 and have just installed Windows 7 and
Windows Live Mail with Office 2007. I have two other sites which also are
using Office 2003 and heretofore, we have had no problems emailing data bases
back and forth. But now, Windows Live Mail won't permit our exchanging .mdb
files as we have in the past. So, I was told that if we change the .mdb to
..txt we could email and get by Windows Live validation. That does get by the
validation, but I am having the problem of changing the .txt data base to
..mdb and getting it to open in Access. Any suggestions and help would be
greatly appreciated.
Tomc
From: Steve on
Use WinZip (free download) to zip your .mdb file. Winzip is the standard for
file compression. You will have no problem emailing the zip file.

Steve
santus(a)penn.com

From: John W. Vinson on
On Tue, 30 Mar 2010 11:28:02 -0700, TomC <TomC(a)discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>I was using Win XP with Office 2003 and have just installed Windows 7 and
>Windows Live Mail with Office 2007. I have two other sites which also are
>using Office 2003 and heretofore, we have had no problems emailing data bases
>back and forth. But now, Windows Live Mail won't permit our exchanging .mdb
>files as we have in the past. So, I was told that if we change the .mdb to
>.txt we could email and get by Windows Live validation. That does get by the
>validation, but I am having the problem of changing the .txt data base to
>.mdb and getting it to open in Access. Any suggestions and help would be
>greatly appreciated.
>Tomc

Right mouseclick the .mdb file in Windows Explorer and choose Send To....
Compressed (zipped) folder. This will create a .zip file that you can attach -
not only is it much smaller and therefore faster, but it will get by the
security.
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]
From: Risse on

"TomC" <TomC(a)discussions.microsoft.com> kirjoitti
viestiss�:76CE1D2B-76BF-470D-8602-6F48EB058EFD(a)microsoft.com...

From: Rich/rerat on
TomC,
Have you tried making a "*.ZIP" file from your database file. Then attaching
that to the email message?

Rich/rerat
(RRR News) <message rule>