From: TB on
I have a process that imports a txt file to a table. Most of the time this
works fine. From time to time the txt file will give a problem and this
creates an import error table. Is there a way to make a message box pop up to
let the user know when the error table has been created?
The person using this database is not very computer savvy and I would like a
way to let them know when the txt file did not import correctly.
Thanks
TB

From: Steve on
You could check the tabledefs collection for an import error table and pop
up a message box if one is found.

Steve
santus(a)penn.com

From: Maurice on
TB,

I suspect you get the standard name for the error import tables right? Maybe
after the import you can test for the existance of the errortable by using a
small loop like this: (place this right after your import routine).

Dim aob As AccessObject
For Each aob In CurrentData.AllTables
If aob.Name = "error import table" Then
MsgBox "something went wrong"
End If
Next

ofcourse you could also check the first characters of the tablename but
that's up to you..

hth
--
Maurice Ausum

From: TB on
Thanks Maurice that worked great!!
TB

From: Risse on

"TB" <TB(a)discussions.microsoft.com> kirjoitti
viestiss�:7BA1AD5A-087C-4DB2-A861-A5E801DED112(a)microsoft.com...