From: szag via AccessMonster.com on
I haven't use the attachement data type before.

I set up a field in my BE tables as an attachment data type. I placed this
field in my FE form, but when I right click on the field the "Manage
Attachments" and all other options on the shortcut menu are greyed out. Any
ideas?

From: Allen Browne on
Delete the attached table in the front end.
Compact.
The attach the table again.

Attachments are multi-valued fields, and use a super-hidden link table
that's not visible anywhere in the database. The link data doesn't have this
super-hidden table linked. Destroying the link, and then linking it again
should solve the problem.

From: David W. Fenton on
"Allen Browne" <AllenBrowne(a)SeeSig.Invalid> wrote in

> Attachments are multi-valued fields, and use a super-hidden link
> table that's not visible anywhere in the database. The link data
> doesn't have this super-hidden table linked. Destroying the link,
> and then linking it again should solve the problem.

Is there any way to enumerate these "super-hidden" table links?

--
David W. Fenton http://www.dfenton.com/
From: Allen Browne on
"David W. Fenton" <XXXusenet(a)dfenton.com.invalid> wrote in message
> "Allen Browne" <AllenBrowne(a)SeeSig.Invalid> wrote in
>
>> Attachments are multi-valued fields, and use a super-hidden link
>> table that's not visible anywhere in the database...
>
> Is there any way to enumerate these "super-hidden" table links?

Not that I'm aware of, David.

From memory, you can actually see them referenced in some of the hidden
system tables that deal with complex columns -- was it MSysComplexColumns?