From: Gary on
I'm having a difficulty with emails sent internally from Outlook 2007 to
another internal user on Exchange Server 2003 SP2 installed in Windows 2003
Server Standard. Generally, the server has all the updates. I just updated
it about a week ago.

These attachments (no matter what they are) will not show up in OWA. They
do show up in Outlook. And if you try to forward the email, the attachment
will appear. So, our work-around right now has been to forward these emails
to themselves in OWA and the subsequent email will have the attachment in
them.

All other emails with attachments work correctly. External emails, emails
from OWA. Only internal emails initiated from Outlook show up incorrectly.

This seems to be a recent thing. Another odd thing is that we can no longer
add attachments in OWA either. You have to go in and download and install
the Email Security components under Options in OWA.

I did read one article that was reminiscent of our problem.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822175

However, I'm a bit suspicious of it. One, it's dated back to 2007 and I
swear we were able to do all these things long after this article. And we
are pretty good at installing updates every month or two.

Does anyone have any ideas why this might be occurring?

Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

Gary

From: Ed Crowley [MVP] on
I'd guess that it has to do with IE security settings.
--
Ed Crowley MVP
..

From: Gary on
I don't think so. If I email the same attachment externally and internally,
I will consistently not be able to see the internal attachment yet be able
to see the one I sent externally. However, I added the site to my trusted
sites. No benefit.