From: Josiah Jenkins on
I've noted that you appear to enjoy playing with words.

To quote one of your most recent examples :
'to represent in a reverse abstract upside left inside out
vertically and horizontally reflected way' . . .

If you go to : http://www.ian-stewart.eu/irs_2010.php
Scroll down to : 'The result was somewhat confusing.
So let's try to get this clear then . . .'

I think you may appreciate it.

It's an 'explanation' of the result in the recent UK
election. I cannot take the credit, it was penned by
someone calling themselves, 'tangledup' and posted
as a comment on a blog.

Enjoy !
--
http://www.ian-stewart.eu
From: dorayme on
In article <4sq8v5tmqp7f8ddl3q5jojbpe09t9uqndc(a)4ax.com>,
Josiah Jenkins <josiah-jenkins(a)somewhere_else.invalid> wrote:

> I've noted that you appear to enjoy playing with words.

> If you go to : http://www.ian-stewart.eu/irs_2010.php
> Scroll down to : 'The result was somewhat confusing.
> So let's try to get this clear then . . .'
>
> I think you may appreciate it.

I did! Mind you, only after I carefully resized my browser to
avoid being distracted by the neon flashing horizontal spacing
bars on the page which can cause my brain to go into a state
where I have to rush out and attack strangers with rolled up
newspapers.

--
dorayme
From: Josiah Jenkins on
On Thu, 20 May 2010 09:39:06 +1000, dorayme <dorayme(a)optusnet.com.au>
wrote:

>In article <4sq8v5tmqp7f8ddl3q5jojbpe09t9uqndc(a)4ax.com>,
> Josiah Jenkins <josiah-jenkins(a)somewhere_else.invalid> wrote:
>
>> I've noted that you appear to enjoy playing with words.

>> If you go to : http://www.ian-stewart.eu/irs_2010.php
>> Scroll down to : 'The result was somewhat confusing.
>> So let's try to get this clear then . . .'
>>
>> I think you may appreciate it.
>
>I did! Mind you, only after I carefully resized my browser to
>avoid being distracted by the neon flashing horizontal spacing
>bars on the page which can cause my brain to go into a state
>where I have to rush out and attack strangers with rolled up
>newspapers.

Carefully chosen for that page.

You'll note it goes from blue (Conservative) to yellow (Lib--Dem)
ie the colours of our new coalition government. Strangely, the
formation of which has caused people to rush out and attack
strangers with rolled up newspapers.

However, as is often the case, I take your comment on-board.

Having grabbed a single frame from the animated .gif . . .

Note the altered URL !
http://www.ian-stewart.eu/irs_pol_2010.php

--
http://www.ian-stewart.eu
From: dorayme on
In article <hq9av55ej5748f8t946r5movtnagb03g32(a)4ax.com>,
Josiah Jenkins <josiah-jenkins(a)somewhere_else.invalid> wrote:

> On Thu, 20 May 2010 09:39:06 +1000, dorayme <dorayme(a)optusnet.com.au>
> wrote:
>
> >In article <4sq8v5tmqp7f8ddl3q5jojbpe09t9uqndc(a)4ax.com>,
> > Josiah Jenkins <josiah-jenkins(a)somewhere_else.invalid> wrote:
> >
> >> I've noted that you appear to enjoy playing with words.

> >> If you go to : http://www.ian-stewart.eu/irs_2010.php
> >> Scroll down to : 'The result was somewhat confusing.
> >> So let's try to get this clear then . . .'
> >>
> >> I think you may appreciate it.
> >
> >I did! Mind you, only after I carefully resized my browser to
> >avoid being distracted by the neon flashing horizontal spacing
> >bars on the page which can cause my brain to go into a state
> >where I have to rush out and attack strangers with rolled up
> >newspapers.
>
> Carefully chosen for that page.
>
> You'll note it goes from blue (Conservative) to yellow (Lib--Dem)
> ie the colours of our new coalition government. Strangely, the
> formation of which has caused people to rush out and attack
> strangers with rolled up newspapers.
>
> However, as is often the case, I take your comment on-board.
>
> Having grabbed a single frame from the animated .gif . . .
>
> Note the altered URL !
> http://www.ian-stewart.eu/irs_pol_2010.php

Phew, that's better. <g>

--
dorayme
From: Ben C on
On 2010-05-20, Josiah Jenkins <josiah-jenkins(a)somewhere_else.invalid> wrote:
> On Thu, 20 May 2010 09:39:06 +1000, dorayme <dorayme(a)optusnet.com.au>
> wrote:
>
>>In article <4sq8v5tmqp7f8ddl3q5jojbpe09t9uqndc(a)4ax.com>,
>> Josiah Jenkins <josiah-jenkins(a)somewhere_else.invalid> wrote:
>>
>>> I've noted that you appear to enjoy playing with words.

>>> If you go to : http://www.ian-stewart.eu/irs_2010.php
>>> Scroll down to : 'The result was somewhat confusing.
>>> So let's try to get this clear then . . .'
>>>
>>> I think you may appreciate it.
>>
>>I did! Mind you, only after I carefully resized my browser to
>>avoid being distracted by the neon flashing horizontal spacing
>>bars on the page which can cause my brain to go into a state
>>where I have to rush out and attack strangers with rolled up
>>newspapers.
>
> Carefully chosen for that page.
>
> You'll note it goes from blue (Conservative) to yellow (Lib--Dem)
> ie the colours of our new coalition government. Strangely, the
> formation of which has caused people to rush out and attack
> strangers with rolled up newspapers.

Which, under the new government, will fortunately soon no longer be
illegal.