From: Wants to Learn Wants to Learn on
I'm new to this. I have a video clip with attached audio. What I'm trying to
do is show a picture (a power point slide converted to .jpg) for a few
seconds instead of the video. But I want to keep the audio. What happens when
I try this is WMM inserts a transition and the audio fades out while the
picture is being shown. If I delete the transtion, the picture deletes too.
This seems like something I ought to be able to do. Any ideas?
From: John Inzer on
Wants to Learn wrote:
> I'm new to this. I have a video clip with attached audio. What I'm
> trying to do is show a picture (a power point slide converted to
> .jpg) for a few seconds instead of the video. But I want to keep the
> audio. What happens when I try this is WMM inserts a transition and
> the audio fades out while the picture is being shown. If I delete the
> transtion, the picture deletes too. This seems like something I ought
> to be able to do. Any ideas?
In timeline view...you can drag a second instance of the
video to the Audio/Music track. Now the audio will play
through no matter what you do to the Video track.

If you split the Video track (Ctrl+L) and remove a section
equal in duration to the still shot you are inserting everything
should line up. (be sure to drag the clip on the Audio/Music
track all the way to the left)

Info from PapaJohn:

use a second copy of the video clip with the talking head's audio... drag it
to the audio/music track and Movie Maker will use it just for the audio.

that leaves you free to carve up the video track as you want... drop a
section and insert your picture....

don't mute the audio associated with the video clip until the end of the
project... as you can use the wave patterns of both audio tracks to easily
keep things in sync.

Even more info

A method to accomplish this was
previously posted by a contributor
named Ralphy.

I think it is worth a try.....

Split your video clip on each side of the
area where the stills will be. Now...drag
the cut portion to the Audio/Music track.
BTW...If you wish to add a 5 second still...
remove 5 seconds of the video clip.
(info below on splitting if you need it)

Drag your still shots to the time line and
drop them in the location where you
removed the video.

The Audio clip on the Audio/Music track
can be dragged right or left to adjust it's
position.

More info on splitting....

"Splitting A Clip In MM2.1"

Drag the video/audio clip to the
Timeline.

Play the video/audio by clicking the
"Play" button under the view screen.

You will see the Playback Indicator
(vertical line) advancing across the
timeline.

Click the "Pause" button at the point
where you wish to trim and type...
Ctrl+L or click the "Split" button at the
bottom of the view screen.
(you can also make adjustments by
dragging the Playback Indicator)

Make as many splits as you want and
remove the unwanted clips by right
click / delete.

And...Movie Maker 2.1 only displays every
other frame. In order to see all frames, the
following info from PapaJohn may be useful:

===

Movie Maker 2 shows you every-other-frame
when doing project editing. MM1 and Movie
Maker in Vista show you each frame.

It's usually not a problem when skipping over
the in-between frames, but sometimes you
notice a flickering frame in a clip that is a 'stray',
and you can't see or cut it out.

If you apply the Slow - Down - Half video effect
to a clip in the timeline, you are then seeing
each frame rather than every other one. You
can see the problem frame and split it out.
Then remove the effect from the clip to return
it to normal.

--

J. Inzer MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

From: Wants to Learn on
Ta da . . . THANKS!

From: John Inzer on
Wants to Learn wrote:
> Ta da . . . THANKS!
========================
You're welcome.

--

J. Inzer MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

From: Wants to Learn on
Thank you John. You saved me!

"John Inzer" wrote:

> [...]
> (you can also make adjustments by
> dragging the Playback Indicator)
>
> Make as many splits as you want and
> remove the unwanted clips by right
> click / delete.
>
> And...Movie Maker 2.1 only displays every
> other frame. In order to see all frames, the
> following info from PapaJohn may be useful:
>
> ===
>
> Movie Maker 2 shows you every-other-frame
> when doing project editing. MM1 and Movie
> Maker in Vista show you each frame.
>
> It's usually not a problem when skipping over
> the in-between frames, but sometimes you
> notice a flickering frame in a clip that is a 'stray',
> and you can't see or cut it out.
>
> If you apply the Slow - Down - Half video effect
> to a clip in the timeline, you are then seeing
> each frame rather than every other one. You
> can see the problem frame and split it out.
> Then remove the effect from the clip to return

Pages: 1 2
Prev: making home videos on my computer
Next: codec