From: jefft on
I have been using the 1008HA for some weeks and in general am very
satisfied.
However, the audio output when using BBC "listen again" - is strangely
high-pitched which means that individual voices are unrecognisable.
(eg : Male voices become female; adult females become young children!)

I have selected 'laptop' rather than 'desktop' in the audio settings
via XP Control Panel - but there doesn't appear to be any possibility
of frequency adjustment.

I am not expecting HiFi from a 'seashell' case but I hope someone can
suggest a solution or point me in the right direction.

TIA
From: BillW50 on
In
jefft typed on Mon, 21 Dec 2009 10:27:20 -0800 (PST):
> I have been using the 1008HA for some weeks and in general am very
> satisfied.
> However, the audio output when using BBC "listen again" - is strangely
> high-pitched which means that individual voices are unrecognisable.
> (eg : Male voices become female; adult females become young children!)
>
> I have selected 'laptop' rather than 'desktop' in the audio settings
> via XP Control Panel - but there doesn't appear to be any possibility
> of frequency adjustment.
>
> I am not expecting HiFi from a 'seashell' case but I hope someone can
> suggest a solution or point me in the right direction.
>
> TIA

I know what you are talking about, but I only have Asus 701s and 702s.
And they don't have that problem and have speakers right along side of
the screen instead of the bottom part. But do the 1008HA use the Realtek
sound driver like most of the rest of them? If so, the audio icon in the
system tray has an equalizer.

This is where you can move sliders. Slide the ones on the left up and
the ones on the right down. Each one more gradually. And usually curved
shaped when you look at them all together.

The big problem is the speakers are small and thus they are good for
high frequencies and no so good at mid range. And almost useless for low
(bass).

--
Bill
Gateway MX6124 ('06 era) - Windows XP SP2