From: Wouter van de Werken on
Working with WMM for 3 years now. I never had any problems with importing
audio (mp3) into WMM. Since 1 week, I receive a failure message when I want
to import any audio file: "the file cannot be imported because it's invalid
or damaged".
This even occurs with files that I have imported before and which are still
in the collections of WMM. All tested audio files are played by the media
player without any problems. Imported moviefiles are still normally working
in WMM and without sound problems.
Does anyone have a clue..?

Many thanks for your help,
Wouter
From: John Inzer on
Wouter van de Werken wrote:
> Working with WMM for 3 years now. I never had any problems with
> importing audio (mp3) into WMM. Since 1 week, I receive a failure
> message when I want to import any audio file: "the file cannot be
> imported because it's invalid or damaged".
> This even occurs with files that I have imported before and which are
> still in the collections of WMM. All tested audio files are played by
> the media player without any problems. Imported moviefiles are still
> normally working in WMM and without sound problems.
> Does anyone have a clue..?
>
> Many thanks for your help,
> Wouter
==================================
Just a few thoughts.....

Since this is a recent occurrence...it may be
worth a try to so a System Restore to a time
before the issue began.

Might be worth a try to go to...Tools / Options /
compatibility tab and uncheck all the filters.

Maybe something happened that corrupted
your archived MP3 files...could you download
a few new MP3 files just to verify that the issue
affects them also?

As a general rule...wma audio files are best
for importing into Movie Maker. WMP is not
that useful for testing because it can play files
successfully that are not fully compatible with
Movie Maker.

--

J. Inzer MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience