From: Duane on
How do I get a video to play with out continually stopping and starting?

Xp Pro all updates current
From: Shenan Stanley on
Duane wrote:
> How do I get a video to play with out continually stopping and
> starting?
>
> Xp Pro all updates current

Not enough information.

Windows XP Professional 32-bit or 64-bit?
You say "all updates current", but that will be different for the
architecture difference.

I can assume Windows XP Professional Edition 32-bit - in which case you have
Service Pack 3 and Media Player 11 and all the associated updates?

What about video codecs - what type of video are you playing and from where?

Are you saying the video's audio starts skipping or that it gets out of
synch or...?

Have you tried a third party player?

What are the processor and memory specifications of your system?
What about the video card (name brand, model and amount of memory on it as
well as if that is shared or exclusive to the video device memory)?
Are the device drivers current *from the device manufacturers*?

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

From: Ken Blake, MVP on
On Sun, 8 Aug 2010 06:02:03 -0700, Duane
<Duane(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> How do I get a video to play with out continually stopping and starting?

Is the video coming over the internet? If so, your internet connection
is not keeping up with the speed of the video.

If that's the case, you really can't do anything about it other than
switching to faster internet service.

Please Reply to the Newsgroup
From: VanguardLH on
Duane wrote:

> How do I get a video to play with out continually stopping and starting?
>
> Xp Pro all updates current

Download it and play locally instead of trying to stream it. If it is
streamed, you can't save it but will need a 3rd party add-on to your
unidentified web browser or a 3rd party capture utility (the good ones
aren't free, like Replay Media Catcher). RealPlayer's web recorder
works on many but not all streamed formats. If the video link points to
a file (which means you are actually downloading it to play it), just
right-click and Save As to save the video as a local file on your hard
disk and play it from there. Network traffic and server overload will
cause jerkiness in playback.

Next time give the URL of the problematic content source so others know
what you are talking about.

--- Posting Hints ---

ALWAYS REVIEW your message before submitting it. You want someone OTHER
than yourself to understand your post. Also remember that no one here
is looking over your shoulder to see at what you are pointing. If you
don't well explain your situation by providing the DETAILS that you
already know, don't expect others to know what is your situation.
Explain YOUR computing environment and just what actions you take to
reproduce the problem.

Often you get just one chance per potential respondent to elicit a reply
from them. If they skip your post because you gave them nothing to go
on (no details, no versions, no OS, no context) then they will usually
move on to the next post and never return to yours.

What is Usenet:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usenet
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newsgroups
http://www.masonicinfo.com/newsgroups.htm
http://www.mcfedries.com/Ramblings/usenet-primer.asp

When using a webnews-for-dummies interface (e.g., Microsoft's
Communities, Google Groups, or a leech site using a forum-to-Usenet
proxy), those are gateways to Usenet. Despite the pretense of a forum,
you are participating in a newsgroup (aka Usenet). Also, Microsoft is
dropping their "Communities" webnews-for-dummies that gateways to Usenet
so you'll either have to figure out how to connect a newsreader to an
NNTP server or suffer with Microsoft's inane web-based forums.

How to post to newsgroups:
http://66.39.69.143/goodpost.htm
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
http://www.mugsy.org/asa_faq/getting_along/usenet.shtml

Regarding error or status messages:
- Do NOT omit the message.
- Do NOT describe the message.
- Do NOT summarize the message.
- Do NOT paraphrase the message.
- Do NOT truncate the message.
- Do show the ENTIRE message (but munge or star out personal info,
like your username in an e-mail address but not the domain).
And DETAIL the steps to reproduce the error or problem.
From: Nil on
On 08 Aug 2010, =?Utf-8?B?RHVhbmU=?=
<Duane(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
microsoft.public.windowsxp.general:

> How do I get a video to play with out continually stopping and
> starting?
>
> Xp Pro all updates current

Are you the details a secret? Do you want us to beg for them?