From: MacknKeagsMom on
I recently canceled my high speed internet and am using a personal WiFi. I
am no longer using my comcast. email address, which I would use Outlook to
read. I get a pop up that says "Authentication failed for
s.newhouse(a)comcast.net" "The server responded: invalid user name/password".
I went into 'tools' and deleted the comcast account and still get the
message. How do I make it stop? I am using XP. Thank you!
From: catherized on

MacknKeagsMom wrote:
> I recently canceled my high speed internet and am using a personal WiFi.
> am no longer using my comcast. email address, which I would use Outlook
> read. I get a pop up that says "Authentication failed for
> s.newhouse(a)comcast.net" "The server responded: invalid user
> name/password".
> I went into 'tools' and deleted the comcast account and still get the
> message. How do I make it stop? I am using XP. Thank you!

Check the settings for the account you are trying to use. Go to Tools,
Accounts, View or change accounts. Double click on your account and
check the outgoing server settings. Also check More Settings while you
are in there. (I forget what options Outlook 2002 supports.)

catherized's Profile: http://www.outlookforums.com/member.php?userid=3
View this thread: http://www.outlookforums.com/showthread.php?t=45372

http://www.outlookforums.com