From: Robert Bonomi on
In article <hp28ik$up2$1(a)milena.home.net.it>,
Giovanni <gfalzoni(a)inwind.it> wrote:
>On 04/01/10 09:02, Henning Hucke wrote:
>> On Wed, 31 Mar 2010, Giovanni wrote:
>>
>>> [...] Help! Am I the only one to have this problem? Any help?
>>
>> Ask your provider for a sensefull setup relay which allows your
>> company to relay mails with a single generic - server specific -
>> authentication. It's not up to them to control which users of your
>> company are allowed to send mail.
>
>If my provider would be sensefull I would not come to ask in the news
>group. They told me to ask support for my program and that it is none
>of their business to know how sendmail or any other mail server works.

=THAT= tells you it is time to shop for a _different_, and 'professional'
connectivity provider.

If they claim you're tied into a contract for an extended term, point out
that *they* have changed the 'terms and conditions' of the service that
they are offering, and that _that_ (their unilateral change in the services
provided) voids any term commitment.

From: Giovanni on
On 04/08/10 22:12, Robert Bonomi wrote:

>> If my provider would be sensefull I would not come to ask in the
>> news group. They told me to ask support for my program and that
>> it is none of their business to know how sendmail or any other
>> mail server works.
>
> =THAT= tells you it is time to shop for a _different_, and
> 'professional' connectivity provider.

And your comment tells that you do not know Italian providers :-(

Ciao
Giovanni
--
A computer is like an air conditioner,
it stops working when you open Windows.
From: Robert Bonomi on
In article <hpmp37$to2$2(a)milena.home.net.it>,
Giovanni <gfalzoni(a)inwind.it> wrote:
>On 04/08/10 22:12, Robert Bonomi wrote:
>
>>> If my provider would be sensefull I would not come to ask in the
>>> news group. They told me to ask support for my program and that
>>> it is none of their business to know how sendmail or any other
>>> mail server works.
>>
>> =THAT= tells you it is time to shop for a _different_, and
>> 'professional' connectivity provider.
>
>And your comment tells that you do not know Italian providers :-(

There is *NOTHING* that requires you to have your mail handled by the
same provider (or even one in the same country, or continent, for that
matter) that provides the basic connectivity.

Your options _are_ wide open, *if* you choose to explore them.