From: Steve Giannoni on
On each of 2 separate systems the following occurs. The yellow shield
icon appears in the task bar and indicates that updates are ready to
install. Clicking then produces what appears to be a normal
installation of 2 particular updates. At completion, the yellow shield
disappears as expected BUT returns after about a minute! Thus, back to
the start! The same 2 updates are apparently reinstalled each time.
From: Steve Giannoni on
Problem Solved !

See my previous posting ''Auto Updates Problem"

From: HankG on
So, tell us, what did you do?

From: Steve Giannoni on
Followed online instructions at :
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971058

From: GT on
> On each of 2 separate systems the following occurs. The yellow shield
> icon appears in the task bar and indicates that updates are ready to
> install. Clicking then produces what appears to be a normal
> installation of 2 particular updates. At completion, the yellow shield
> disappears as expected BUT returns after about a minute! Thus, back to
> the start! The same 2 updates are apparently reinstalled each time.

I know you have solved this one now, but for reference there is a hard way
and an easily way to solve this:

The easy way is to disable the updates that won't install - All you have to
do is click on the shield to get the install dialog, then choose the 'manual
install' option, then untick the ones that don't install and they won't
bother you again.

The hard way should result in the updates being correctly installed rather
than ignored - it involves google, the registry plus time and effort.