From: "Josep M." on
Hello.

One spammer has tried about 300 times send me email, always from the
same address, but from about 20 different IP . Never pass verify sender,
always get 450 error....my question is...when one email fail postfix
verify_sender 4 or 5 times..will be possible auto-blacklist this email
for one week, for example?

I use postfix 2.6.5 and postgrey 1.32

Thanks
Josep

From: Ralf Hildebrandt on
* Josep M. <websurfer(a)navegants.com>:
> Hello.
>
> One spammer has tried about 300 times send me email, always from the
> same address, but from about 20 different IP . Never pass verify sender,
> always get 450 error....my question is...when one email fail postfix
> verify_sender 4 or 5 times..will be possible auto-blacklist this email
> for one week, for example?

You could use fail2ban for that

--
Ralf Hildebrandt
Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin

From: Kenneth Marshall on
On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 09:34:56PM +0200, Josep M. wrote:
> Hello.
>
> One spammer has tried about 300 times send me email, always from the
> same address, but from about 20 different IP . Never pass verify sender,
> always get 450 error....my question is...when one email fail postfix
> verify_sender 4 or 5 times..will be possible auto-blacklist this email
> for one week, for example?
>
> I use postfix 2.6.5 and postgrey 1.32
>

> Thanks
> Josep

Wouldn't that open you up to a DoS attack vector against
valid E-mail addresses sending to you?

Cheers,
Ken

From: Brian Evans - Postfix List on
On 3/29/2010 3:34 PM, Josep M. wrote:
> Hello.
>
> One spammer has tried about 300 times send me email, always from the
> same address, but from about 20 different IP . Never pass verify sender,
> always get 450 error....my question is...when one email fail postfix
> verify_sender 4 or 5 times..will be possible auto-blacklist this email
> for one week, for example?
>
> I use postfix 2.6.5 and postgrey 1.32

Google fail2ban or similar log scanning utility.

Postfix only ever looks into a single transaction.

From: "Josep M." on
Hello Ralph.

Fail2ban can blacklist email addresses too? I want reject email
addresses, not block IPs.

Thanks
Josep