From: Johnnyboy5 on
I would like to auto complete a row rather than just whats in a cell.

The key words are in column A (medication) and in column B what its
for etc

so when you start typing a medication in if is already there then it
will auto complete the cell and also bring the other data from the
same row.

many thanks

Johnnyboy
From: Dennis Tucker on
One of the standard database concepts says that you only need a column when
the data that will be contained changes. Basically this means that there is
no need for columns when the data inside it is always the same.

In the simple case,
We have two columns

A B
1 Bob 16
2 Sue 16
3 Bob 8

So in this case, when starting to type in Bob in row 4, it auto complete his
name BUT which value should be put in B4??

From: Gord Dibben on
See help on VLOOKUP for populating cells based upon an entry in one cell.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 13 Mar 2010 08:41:59 -0800 (PST), Johnnyboy5