From: Peter T. Daniels on
Garrison Keillor has (very, very rarely) a slow-talker character whose
hearers try to finish his sentences for him -- and he always goes on
to finish them in a slightly or very different way.

I can see a "predictive text" feature outside the very limited realm
of txting as getting very annoying very quickly.

From: Graham Mayor on
But surely SMS text language is the language of the future? ;)

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

From: Peter T. Daniels on
Oh, dear ...

The Welsh linguist and Anglist David Crystal has already published a
couple of small books on such topics (I think Cambridge UP, his most
frequent publisher), worth looking at.

From: Graham Mayor on
'Oh dear' doesn't being to cover it :)

--