From: JMay on
In certain files I work with the annoying feature above reacts and enters a
string of text as soon as I enter the first letter. I notice the ON/OFF
button is under Tools, Options (xl2003) and Office Button Options (xl2007).

These GLOBAL settings have always confused me as - I would like for this to
apply on a workbook by workbook basis, even a cell-by-cell basis, not every
cell in every workbook opened during a session.

I know that if I have a workbook where I want certian cell to be disabled I
can include in the Workbook_Open event macro

Application.EnableAutoComplete = False

Can I do more or less.. What's the best approach to solving this?

Thanks in advance..

Jim