From: Jokke on
Can the AJAX AutoCompleteExtender be set to show results in that *contain*
the string typed in a textbox rather than *begin with* the typed string?

E.g., "1000 Brussels" should still show up when "Bru" is typed...

Thx for your help!

Jokke

From: Patrice on
Hello,

> Can the AJAX AutoCompleteExtender be set to show results in that *contain*
> the string typed in a textbox rather than *begin with* the typed string?

IMO yes but I don't remember to have tried. AFAIK it just pass the string to
your service and will display whatever is returned by your service
regardless of any additional client side logic.

Have you tried ? Generally your best bet is just to try and then post if it
doesn't work. As I had a sample handy I tried to return even random values
unrelated to the current textbox content and it seems to work...

--
Patrice