From: Chester K on
All of a sudden my copy of Auto Complete Always On just stopped working
and when I try to run it I get the message that the patch does not need
updating. I'm using Mac OS 10.5.8 and Safari version 5.0

Also my Safari's preference has Auto Complete "Users and Passwords"
checked to be on.

Did Auto Complete Always On get inoperative due to a recent update or
should I start looking for the problem in my computer?

--

Chester
From: Jolly Roger on
In article
<DoNotReply-E20E34.16473113072010(a)news.eternal-september.org>,
Chester K <DoNotReply(a)ForgetIt.invalid> wrote:

> All of a sudden my copy of Auto Complete Always On just stopped working
> and when I try to run it I get the message that the patch does not need
> updating. I'm using Mac OS 10.5.8 and Safari version 5.0
>
> Also my Safari's preference has Auto Complete "Users and Passwords"
> checked to be on.
>
> Did Auto Complete Always On get inoperative due to a recent update or
> should I start looking for the problem in my computer?

I'm not familiar with Auto Complete Always On. Could that be the cause
of your Finder issues mentioned in another thread?

JR
From: Chester K on
In article <jollyroger-2E904A.19545013072010(a)news.individual.net>,
Jolly Roger <jollyroger(a)pobox.com> wrote:

> In article
> <DoNotReply-E20E34.16473113072010(a)news.eternal-september.org>,
> Chester K <DoNotReply(a)ForgetIt.invalid> wrote:
>
> > All of a sudden my copy of Auto Complete Always On just stopped working
> > and when I try to run it I get the message that the patch does not need
> > updating. I'm using Mac OS 10.5.8 and Safari version 5.0
> >
> > Also my Safari's preference has Auto Complete "Users and Passwords"
> > checked to be on.
> >
> > Did Auto Complete Always On get inoperative due to a recent update or
> > should I start looking for the problem in my computer?
>
> I'm not familiar with Auto Complete Always On. Could that be the cause
> of your Finder issues mentioned in another thread?

I have no Finder issues and have not posted to Usenet for a couple of
years. You must be thinking of someone else; but thanks for the reply.

--

Chester
From: Jolly Roger on
In article
<DoNotReply-DA7565.18001313072010(a)news.eternal-september.org>,
Chester K <DoNotReply(a)ForgetIt.invalid> wrote:

> In article <jollyroger-2E904A.19545013072010(a)news.individual.net>,
> Jolly Roger <jollyroger(a)pobox.com> wrote:
>
> > In article
> > <DoNotReply-E20E34.16473113072010(a)news.eternal-september.org>,
> > Chester K <DoNotReply(a)ForgetIt.invalid> wrote:
> >
> > > All of a sudden my copy of Auto Complete Always On just stopped working
> > > and when I try to run it I get the message that the patch does not need
> > > updating. I'm using Mac OS 10.5.8 and Safari version 5.0
> > >
> > > Also my Safari's preference has Auto Complete "Users and Passwords"
> > > checked to be on.
> > >
> > > Did Auto Complete Always On get inoperative due to a recent update or
> > > should I start looking for the problem in my computer?
> >
> > I'm not familiar with Auto Complete Always On. Could that be the cause
> > of your Finder issues mentioned in another thread?
>
> I have no Finder issues and have not posted to Usenet for a couple of
> years. You must be thinking of someone else; but thanks for the reply.

Indeed, I was! Sorry for the confusion.

JR
From: Barry Margolin on
In article
<DoNotReply-E20E34.16473113072010(a)news.eternal-september.org>,
Chester K <DoNotReply(a)ForgetIt.invalid> wrote:

> All of a sudden my copy of Auto Complete Always On just stopped working
> and when I try to run it I get the message that the patch does not need
> updating. I'm using Mac OS 10.5.8 and Safari version 5.0

See

http://lapcatsoftware.com/blog/2010/06/10/safari-extension-autocomplete/

which explains why this utility stopped working with Safari 5, and
provides a new extension that replaces it.

--
Barry Margolin, barmar(a)alum.mit.edu
Arlington, MA