From: Arne Vajhøj on
On 22-06-2010 06:06, Robert wrote:
> Hi, I am wanting to automatically generate my documentation from my C# code
> comments. Specifically I am wanting to generate examples that look like this
>
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ch45axte.aspx
>
> where code examples are shown for VB.NET, C#. C++, F# and JScript
>
> How do you do this and can you do this with VS2010 Pro. I have searched and
> cannot find a website telling me how to do this. I would prefer to include a
> C# example in my source code comments and have the code generation tool
> generate from this the examples in VB.Net, C++, F# and JScript examples
> automatically.
>
> Is this a technology that is available and do you C# developers use it. What
> tools would you recommend

I have never heard of a doc generating tool with integrated
langauge translation.

So my guess is that MS actually handwrite each language example.

If you are willing to spend time creating such a tool, then
you can try and merge some open source code from NDoc and
a language converter like the one in SharpDevelop.

It should be possible, but a lot of work.

Arne