From: atif on
On Jul 28, 10:13 pm, "expvb" <nob...(a)cox.net> wrote:
> As others suggested, there is no standard way of automating all email
> clients.
I used COM MAPI to send emails and the email i sent was there in my
Sent folder, i tested this method for Outlook Express, MS Outlook and
Thunderbird and it worked well. But the problem is email was sent not
saved as Draft, and to save it as Draft i think some automation
support will be required.

There are some APIs like MAPILogon, MAPISaveMail, MAPISendMail but i
couldn't found a working example for MAPISaveMail. if MAPISaveMail
saves messages in specified folder then it might be used to support
above clients for my specific needs.
From: Jeff Johnson on
"atif" <atif.aqeel(a)gmail.com> wrote in message

>> As others suggested, there is no standard way of automating all email
>> clients.

> I used COM MAPI to send emails and the email i sent was there in my
> Sent folder, i tested this method for Outlook Express, MS Outlook and
> Thunderbird and it worked well. But the problem is email was sent not
> saved as Draft, and to save it as Draft i think some automation
> support will be required.

Look, it doesn't matter how badly you want to do this, it simply CAN'T BE
DONE with "any email client" as your subject indicates. Not every client
supports MAPI, and not every client supports Automation, and some don't
support either. You're banging your head against a wall here.

From: atif on
On Jul 29, 10:18 pm, "Jeff Johnson" <i....(a)enough.spam> wrote:

>it simply CAN'T BE DONE with "any email client"
:(, i wish they come up with some standard interface for automation
while doing/providing optimization/features

> You're banging your head against a wall here
Thanks for stopping me banging my head anymore BUT
Can you provide (link of) a working sample of MAPI via APIs, not
controls

Thank you all guys for this support
(i have stopped looking for automating any client :) )
From: Nico Notter on
> Can you provide (link of) a working sample of MAPI via
> APIs,

did you check
http://www.planet-source-code.com/vb/default.asp?lngWId=1#categories ?

First  |  Prev  |