From: Tom Hutchins on
The For...Next loop he gave you will process every cell in the range D1:D400
(in his example), one at a time. The cell being processed at any given point
is referenced by the range variable "c". Inside the loop (between the For
Each statement and the Next statement), you will update a value in a SolverOK
command (presumably, based on the value in the cell referenced by the range
variable "c".) Then you will call SolverSolve to actually run Solver. If you
need to store the result somewhere, do it, then let the loop continue to the
next cell.

Your Solver commands might look something like this:
SolverOk SetCell:="$E$1", MaxMinVal:=0, _
ValueOf:=c.Value, ByChange:="$D$1:$D$400"
SolverSolve

In my example above you are changing the ValueOf argument. Depending what
you want to do you might change a different argument. Look at what you are
changing when you run Solver manually for this process, andyou will see which
argument you need to change programatically.

Hope this helps,

Hutch

From: Dana DeLouis on
On 5/23/2010 12:42 PM, Janet wrote:
> Thanks!!! That did the trick, but now I don't know how to integrate the
> macro I just wrote into the program that Howard gave me so it will repeat
> itself for the relevant rows:
>
> Sub ForHunRow()
> Dim i As Integer
> Dim j As Range, c As Range
>
> i = Range("F1").Value
> Set j = Range("D1:D400")
>
> For Each c In j
> c.Value = i
> Next
>
> End Sub

Hi. Here is a general outline.
Here, I have a function in D1, and the changing cells are in A1:C1.
The loop goes from Row 1 to 10. Hopefully, you can adjust it to your
situation. Not quite what I use, but it should give you some ideas.
In a loop, I find it best to just Reset everything.

Sub Demo()
'//Dana DeLouis
Dim R As Long
Dim Target
Dim ChgCells

SolverOptions AssumeLinear:=True
SolverOptions AssumeNonNeg:=True

For R = 1 To 10 'Row 1 to 10
SolverReset
Target = Cells(R, 4).Address
ChgCells = Cells(R, 1).Resize(1, 3).Address

SolverOk SetCell:=Target, MaxMinVal:=2, ByChange:=ChgCells
SolverAdd CellRef:=ChgCells, Relation:=3, FormulaText:="1"
SolverAdd CellRef:=ChgCells, Relation:=1, FormulaText:="10"
SolverSolve True
Next R
End Sub

= = = = = = =