From: sg on
I have an Excel 2007 workbook that is populated by an Access table. Once the
data is transferred to Excel, Access opens Excel so we can view the data. I
would like to have the Excel spreadsheet then prompt the users to save so
they don't forget. I tried to just set up the Excel spreadsheet as a
template, but get an error when Excel opens from Access and then the data
doesn't transfer from Access. Any ideas on how I can do this? Thanks in
advance.
From: Rich Locus on
Hello:
I could not tell from your post if the Excel worksheet was pre-existing or
created by Access,

If it is pre-existing, you can add a module to alert the user when the file
opens, or save the file when they close it.

Add one of these modules:

Option Explicit

Public Sub Auto_Open()
MsgBox ("Don't Forget to Save Your File")
End Sub

Or

Public Sub Auto_Close()
.... Put Code to Save The File Here
End Sub

These are activated by Opening an Excel spreadsheet or closing it.
--
Rich Locus
Logicwurks, LLC

From: sg on
Sorry I wasn't a little more specific about the spreadsheet. It is a
pre-existing spreadsheet. I appreciate your feedback, but I am really hoping
to get the Save As dialog box to open so they are more likely to save it with
a new name. If I just give them a reminder, they may just hit Save and I
don't want for this one to be overridden.

I wanted to set it up as a template so when they save, it prompts them for a
file name, but something in the transfer of data from Access to Excel doesn't
work correctly when I try to transfer to a template file. The data doesn't
actually get moved from Access to Excel.

From: Rich Locus on
Hello Again:
You should probably also update the message to say "Use Save As with a
Different File Name."
--
Rich Locus
Logicwurks, LLC