From: TrumpCoup on
We just upgraded to Vista from XP and on some PCs get an error message
about MSRDO20.dll not being installed when I try and connect to a
SYBASE database using ADO.
I have asked the technology group for help installing this (some PCs
have it, some don't)

My question is - fromteh VBA Developer screen (inside Excel) under
Tools - References - which referneces do I need to include to be able
to use ADO?

What I'm wondering is if in Vista there is a reference I should add in
that I have not used before.

Is it sufficient that I just downlaod MSRDO20.DLL from the internet
and hope it installs/registers correctly? Is that all thats needed?
From: GS on
TrumpCoup formulated the question :
> We just upgraded to Vista from XP and on some PCs get an error message
> about MSRDO20.dll not being installed when I try and connect to a
> SYBASE database using ADO.
> I have asked the technology group for help installing this (some PCs
> have it, some don't)
>
> My question is - fromteh VBA Developer screen (inside Excel) under
> Tools - References - which referneces do I need to include to be able
> to use ADO?
>
> What I'm wondering is if in Vista there is a reference I should add in
> that I have not used before.
>
> Is it sufficient that I just downlaod MSRDO20.DLL from the internet
> and hope it installs/registers correctly? Is that all thats needed?

The lib to use ADO is called Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects n.n
Library, where n.n is the version installed on your machine. The latest
version I have installed (n.n=2.8) is msado15.dll. Previous versions
were '.tlb' files preceeded by their version, as follows:

ADO 2.0: msado20.tlb
ADO 2.1: msado21.tlb
ADO 2.5: msado25.tlb
ADO 2.6: msado26.tlb