From: listread on
Has anyone considered a way to run a script or automatically access a
php page when a user leaves a site without logging off?

The idea is to gracefully end that user's session.

Thanks!
From: Bastien Koert on
On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 1:48 PM, listread <listread(a)cze.com> wrote:
> Has anyone considered a way to run a script or automatically access a php
> page when a user leaves a site without logging off?
>
> The idea is to gracefully end that user's session.
>
> Thanks!

You can try using an ajax call paired with the js onunload function to
call the server. The other option is to time the user out via cron on
the server after x number of minutes

--

Bastien

Cat, the other other white meat
From: Bruno Fajardo on
2010/1/25 listread <listread(a)cze.com>:
> Has anyone considered a way to run a script or automatically access a php
> page when a user leaves a site without logging off?
>
> The idea is to gracefully end that user's session.

The built-in garbage collector is not sufficient for your app?
Additionally, you can configure PHP to destroy the session as soon as
the client closes your page.

From: listread on
js onunload sounds like a viable option. Will it work if the use just
closes his browser?

Thanks for the tip!

- Ron

From: listread on
Bruno,

Thanks for the heads up on the php configuration. I'll check that out.

We also need to write some data to a database, things like logout time.
That means running a script for some other php code.

Thanks!

- Ron

On 1/25/2010 1:24 PM, Bruno Fajardo wrote:
> 2010/1/25 listread<listread(a)cze.com>:
>
>> Has anyone considered a way to run a script or automatically access a php
>> page when a user leaves a site without logging off?
>>
>> The idea is to gracefully end that user's session.
>>
> The built-in garbage collector is not sufficient for your app?
> Additionally, you can configure PHP to destroy the session as soon as
> the client closes your page.
>

>> Thanks!
>>
>> --
>>

 |  Next  |  Last