From: Frank on

I have Table 1 with Field IDTable1 [autonumber] [and other fields] and Table
2 with Field IDTable2 [autonumber] and Field GRV set to text [and other
Fields]
Is the following posibble:
Can I automatically generate a number that can be used in GRV field of Table
2 consisting out of a combination of IDTable1 and IDTable2 written as
IDTable1/IDTable2 in the GV field of Table 2

I want this GRV number as a unique number identifying Table 1 and Table 2

Thanks for the help

From: Arvin Meyer [MVP] on
You can, but shouldn't. All data in a table must identify the key. Foreign
Keys, which are the keys from IDTable1 (in Table2) should be a separate
field in table 2, and no field should be combined.

Using Access's built in subform system, you automatically generate the
linking value when you create the subform record.
--
Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
http://www.datastrat.com

From: Frank on
Thanks Arvin

We want to use the combination of teh two autonumbers in the two takles as a
numbercombination to identiify the user [table1] and a item [table2] as
unique to that user and item for futher reference
I will remember your inpur in developing a new database

Thnak for your time

Frank