From: kielhd on
HI NG,

I need to find out how nuch RAM is still available on the system. Is
there a command that gives me ONLY the availably RAM (not including
swap-space!) ?

TIA,
Henning
From: Ian Collins on
On 05/28/10 07:18 PM, kielhd wrote:
> HI NG,
>
> I need to find out how nuch RAM is still available on the system. Is
> there a command that gives me ONLY the availably RAM (not including
> swap-space!) ?

How do you define "available RAM"?

--
Ian Collins
From: Thomas Maier-Komor on
On 28.05.2010 09:18, kielhd wrote:
> HI NG,
>
> I need to find out how nuch RAM is still available on the system. Is
> there a command that gives me ONLY the availably RAM (not including
> swap-space!) ?
>
> TIA,
> Henning

- prtconf display the physically installed memory
- vmstat display the amount of available virtual memory
- sysstat [1] displays both available physical memory and available swap

HTH,
Thomas
[1]: www.maier-komor.de/sysstat.html
From: kielhd on

> - prtconf display the physically installed memory

Thank you for your answer, but I am actually looking for RAM, that is
available for processing, not for the installed RAM.
sysstat [1] is not available on the system, unfortunately.

Is there another way to get this information?

TIA,
Henning
From: Thomas Maier-Komor on
On 28.05.2010 10:26, kielhd wrote:

>> - prtconf display the physically installed memory
>
> Thank you for your answer, but I am actually looking for RAM, that is
> available for processing, not for the installed RAM.
> sysstat [1] is not available on the system, unfortunately.
>
> Is there another way to get this information?
>
> TIA,
> Henning

then this would be option 3:
sysstat [1] displays both available physical memory and available swap.

Get it there: www.maier-komor.de/sysstat.html
or on opencsw.org

- Thomas
 |  Next  |  Last