|  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Sun Server Sun Fire v240 dvd installation
Hello, I inherited a Sun Sun Fire v240 server with no dvd drive. I am trying not to have to purchase a dvd drive for this server. I was lent a dvd drive from a Sun Fire v480. Although the dvd drive from the v480 fit into the v240, the v240 does not detect the drive. I was wondering the problem is that sun made i... 13 Aug 2010 15:46
gzip for SPARC
I've downloaded the latest gzip for SPARC Solaris, which pupports to have the -rsyncable option. But when we try to run it, it does't: gzip: unrecognized option '--rsyncable' Does anyone have a version with which this option works pls? Thanks Neil ... 12 Aug 2010 01:43
custom logout of java desktop?
hi, i've been running windoze XP in VirtualBox. if i log out of the java desktop w/o stopping virtualbox first, the process hangs and i've been rebooting. (basically, i lose control of the keyboard.) what i'd like to do is set up a custom logout in java desktop that will send me nastygrams if i forget to st... 11 Aug 2010 13:38
mysterious 15-minute delay at boot in Ultra 20 running Solaris10 X86
On 8/8/2010 10:40 PM, Adam Kellas wrote: On Aug 8, 2:11 pm, Adam Kellas <adam.kel...(a)gmail.com> wrote: I think I should try again and remove power from the extra disk entirely, and will report back. Same delay without the extra disk, so that's not it. AK The most common cause of this is a fa... 11 Aug 2010 13:38
setenv:too many arguments?
Dear All I am running an script and it returns 'setenv:Too many arguments' . Can you please let me know how can I solve this problem? Thank you ... 11 Aug 2010 13:38
mysterious 15-minute delay at boot in Ultra 20 running Solaris10 X86
On 08/ 9/10 02:40 PM, Adam Kellas wrote: On Aug 8, 2:11 pm, Adam Kellas<adam.kel...(a)gmail.com> wrote: I think I should try again and remove power from the extra disk entirely, and will report back. Same delay without the extra disk, so that's not it. Try booting under the kernel debugger and watch ... 9 Aug 2010 01:26
Trouble with ZFS mounts
Hi Guys, http://www.wuppdich.com/combined_error.txt (I'm providing a separate link to my df -h and zfs list output because there is too much of it to put in an email.) I suspect I'm missing some zfs mountpoints from within my localzone. The localzone loopback mounts globalzone's filesystem. Both are su... 8 Aug 2010 18:55
mysterious 15-minute delay at boot in Ultra 20 running Solaris 10 X86
On 2010-08-08 16:21:18 +0100, Adam Kellas said: On Aug 8, 10:22�am, jzambon <john.zam...(a)gmail.com> wrote: What happens if you disconnect the third disk? Just tried that. Same problem, so apparently it's not the physical presence of the third disk. The stuff right before the gap mentioned a CD dri... 8 Aug 2010 13:24
How to add new LUN's
I have to add new LUN's to extend a filesystem, this is on Solaris 10 with Veritas volume manager. The SAN team has told me that they have allocated the LUN's, how do I tell which LUN's are new and which ones are old(already being used). What are the steps required to add LUN's. Please help. ... 9 Aug 2010 15:40
mysterious 15-minute delay at boot in Ultra 20 running Solaris 10 X86
What happens if you disconnect the third disk? ... 12 Aug 2010 11:28
A sun-service guy & must buy Sun disks only. REALLY? Hard to believe!
Richard B. Gilbert <rgilbert88(a)comcast.net> wrote: Now let's be fair. MOST of the time, the service guy shows up, replaces a disk drive, a fan or a memory DIMM, cleans up, and leaves! Yes, he costs an arm and a leg but if your business depends on that machine, he's worth it! Maybe you could do almos... 6 Aug 2010 23:39
A sun-service guy & must buy Sun disks only. REALLY? Hard to believe!
On 08/ 7/10 11:18 AM, ITguy wrote: Newegg/com isn't coming on-site in 2 hours to replace a failed drive in an array. Sun or HP will. If grandma is in charge of running the array I could understand springing for a support contract. Just about anyone else would be able to replace basic parts ... 6 Aug 2010 21:28
Sun Cluster 3.2
I have a zfs root based system and a ufs root based system can I connect them via Sun Cluster 3.2? ... 6 Aug 2010 04:59
these days, who & what-for use c vs c++?
Subj: these days, who & what-for use c vs c++? I've got this young guy (24 yrs old) visiting, who's been administering Solaris for a couple of years. One thing he has not had time to learn (didn't go to college) is a programming language, and was asking me for advice on where to start out. I felt that he s... 8 Aug 2010 06:55
100% without investment online part time jobs..(adsense,datawork,neobux..more jobs)
100% without investment….no registration fee…no need money… Online part time jobs…(googleadsense, dataentry…etc)all type of jobs… work from home..daily 2-3 hours…earn more money without any risk.. Full details at http://adsensejobworkfulldetails.co.cc/ More adsense tips,secrets,increasing money ,seo..a... 5 Aug 2010 01:36
Directory server help
Hey all; We just attempted to switch from DS5.2 to DS6.3.1, and had things go drastically sideways on us. The change worked for a while, but after several hours, the load started to go up on the new servers, until it was pegged at ~120 and DS became unresponsive. We have two suffixes on these hosts. The errors... 4 Aug 2010 14:42
e1000 tcp offloading revisited
Hello, 9 months ago I reported that the tcp checksums on a T5520 using the built-in e1000 network card are calculated in some cases non RFC conform. At the same time I posted how to disable tcp offloading to avoid the miscalculation on the broken driver: Put ,,set ip:dohwcksum=0'' into /etc/system Today we pa... 4 Aug 2010 07:03
I GOT $2500 FROM PAYPAL....
I GOT $2500 FROM PAYPAL At http://2050videos.co.cc i have hidden the PayPal Form link in an image. in that website On Top Side Above search box , click on image and enter your PayPal id And Your name. ... 3 Aug 2010 09:14
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11