First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
A sun-service guy & must buy Sun disks only. REALLY? Hard to ?believe!
chuckers <chuckersjp(a)gmail.com> wrote: False. The stuff *will* work. However, getting Sun to support it after the fact is another matter entirely. Indeed - in the dialect of "VendorSpeak" called "HPspeak" "supported" and "works" are not synonyms: Supported, known to work -> warm fuzzies all around Su... 30 Jul 2010 15:12
A sun-service guy & must buy Sun disks only. REALLY? Hard tobelieve!
Doug McIntyre wrote: dkcombs(a)panix.com (David Combs) writes: This sun-service guy I was talking to told me that if I wanted to add more disk, I had to get it from Sun ($$$!), not straight from Seagate, say. This is true for almost all Enterprise equipment vendors. If you want to add disks t... 30 Jul 2010 12:59
A sun-service guy & must buy Sun disks only. REALLY? Hard tobelieve!
David Combs wrote: This sun-service guy I was talking to told me that if I wanted to add more disk, I had to get it from Sun ($$$!), not straight from Seagate, say. Something about sometimes Sun periferals working slightly different from the "non-sun" one from the very same manufacturer? He... 8 Aug 2010 11:13
A sun-service guy & must buy Sun disks only. REALLY? Hard to believe!
On Jul 30, 3:27 pm, dkco...(a)panix.com (David Combs) wrote: This sun-service guy I was talking to told me that if I wanted to add more disk, I had to get it from Sun ($$$!), not straight from Seagate, say. Something about sometimes Sun periferals working slightly different from the "non-sun" one from t... 8 Aug 2010 20:01
A sun-service guy & must buy Sun disks only. REALLY? Hard to believe!
This sun-service guy I was talking to told me that if I wanted to add more disk, I had to get it from Sun ($$$!), not straight from Seagate, say. Something about sometimes Sun periferals working slightly different from the "non-sun" one from the very same manufacturer? He said that he'd NEVER seen a case wher... 6 Aug 2010 13:47
Solaris 10 as Active Directory Domain Controller
Hi all, I would like to ask if it's any step-by-step documentation to build Kerberos5, openLDAP and Samba such that Solaris 10 can be the Active Directory Controller? I found: http://www.edsiohio.com/samba.aspx Thank you. -- Johnson Chow ... 2 Aug 2010 15:51
good DVD+RW (internal) for blade-2500? (sony DRU-840A no longer made)
> (No, I don't want a $15 one from china, please!  (That's what one place suggested -- a $14 or $15 LITE-ON!)) Sounds like good advice to me. If it works, great! If not, you're only out $15. ... 30 Jul 2010 16:20
good DVD+RW (internal) for blade-2500? (sony DRU-840A no longermade)
David Combs wrote: About a year ago was strongly advised to buy sony DRU-840A, for blade-100, which I did. Box says dvd+-RW/+-R/RAM/(looks like an exponent) CD , whatever all that means. So now I want another one, but they no longer make them. (What they do make as dvd includes B... 30 Jul 2010 16:20
good DVD+RW (internal) for blade-2500? (sony DRU-840A no longer made)
About a year ago was strongly advised to buy sony DRU-840A, for blade-100, which I did. Box says dvd+-RW/+-R/RAM/(looks like an exponent) CD , whatever all that means. So now I want another one, but they no longer make them. (What they do make as dvd includes BLUE-RAY -- more money, and for which I ... 30 Jul 2010 15:12
upgrade cache on 6580
I am upgrading the cache to 16GB on a ST6580 and I have added 4 memory modules to each controller, but there are also two small plugs (Flash memory modules) that should be installed too (one in each controller). There are four slots in each controller and each controller has one similar plug in a slot called USB 3.... 28 Jul 2010 14:04
First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13