From: Rick Jones on
chuckers <chuckersjp(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> False. The stuff *will* work. However, getting Sun to support it
> after the fact is another matter entirely.

Indeed - in the dialect of "VendorSpeak" called "HPspeak"
"supported" and "works" are not synonyms:

Supported, known to work -> warm fuzzies all around
Supported, not known to not work -> an HPite may be in trouble
Supported, known to not work -> an HPite is in trouble
Unsupported, known to work -> lucky today, unlucky tomorrow?
Unsupported, not known to not work -> there but for the grace of Turing
Unsupported, known to not work -> no, it was not deliberate ;-)

I suspect the same is true in many other dialects of
VendorSpeak. Perhaps with the odd, slight variation.

rick jones