From: hadi motamedi on
Dear All
Can you please let me know how can I add external usb disk to my
solaris8 machine?
Thank you
From: Ian Collins on
On 07/31/10 05:21 PM, hadi motamedi wrote:
> Dear All
> Can you please let me know how can I add external usb disk to my
> solaris8 machine?

The best way is to upgrade to Solaris 10. Seriously, USB on Solaris 8
is a dog.

--
Ian Collins
From: hadi motamedi on
On Jul 31, 9:24 am, Ian Collins <ian-n...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
> On 07/31/10 05:21 PM, hadi motamedi wrote:
>
> > Dear All
> > Can you please let me know how can I add external usb disk to my
> > solaris8 machine?
>
> The best way is to upgrade to Solaris 10.  Seriously, USB on Solaris 8
> is a dog.
>
> --
> Ian Collins

Sorry . I need to stick on solaris8 as some of my old pre-installed
applications just working on solaris8.Please let me know how to do it
on solaris8?

From: Chris Ridd on
On 2010-07-31 06:29:08 +0100, hadi motamedi said:

> On Jul 31, 9:24�am, Ian Collins <ian-n...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
>> On 07/31/10 05:21 PM, hadi motamedi wrote:
>>
>>> Dear All
>>> Can you please let me know how can I add external usb disk to my
>>> solaris8 machine?
>>
>> The best way is to upgrade to Solaris 10. �Seriously, USB on Solaris 8
>> is a dog.
>>
>> --
>> Ian Collins
>
> Sorry . I need to stick on solaris8 as some of my old pre-installed
> applications just working on solaris8.Please let me know how to do it
> on solaris8?

As Ian said, run your old applications on Solaris 10. Solaris is
*highly* backwards compatible.

If you really cannot, then run them in a Solaris 8 container, on Solaris 10.
--
Chris

From: hadi motamedi on
On Jul 31, 9:38 am, Chris Ridd <chrisr...(a)mac.com> wrote:
> On 2010-07-31 06:29:08 +0100, hadi motamedi said:

> >> The best way is to upgrade to Solaris 10.  Seriously, USB on Solaris 8
> >> is a dog.
>
> >> --
> >> Ian Collins
>
> > Sorry . I need to stick on solaris8 as some of my old pre-installed
> > applications just working on solaris8.Please let me know how to do it
> > on solaris8?
>
> As Ian said, run your old applications on Solaris 10. Solaris is
> *highly* backwards compatible.
>
> If you really cannot, then run them in a Solaris 8 container, on Solaris 10.
> --
> Chris

Thank you very much. According to you, I will try to install solaris10
on it . I will send feedback to you upon completion . Please let me
have your technical support if I get outstanding issues .