From: Thommy M. on
On 2010-08-07 06:56, hadi motamedi wrote:
[...]
> Sorry. My solaris8 applications can just be installed through
> Jumpstart installation,as the following :
> ok>boot cdrom - install
> Can you please confirm if I can still make use of solaris containers
> for this purpose ?

Can you please describe what applications you are trying to install?
Most apps are installed with pkgadd or tar-balls and install scripts.
From: ITguy on

From: ITguy on
> Sorry. My solaris8 applications can just be installed through
> Jumpstart installation,as the following :
> ok>boot cdrom - install
> Can you please confirm if I can still make use of solaris containers
> for this purpose ?

If your install process is Jumpstart and it has all your applications
all ready to go, you've most likely got a flash archive somewhere.
Flash archives are perfect for installing as Solaris8 containers. You
just need to find the file and use it as the install archive for a
Solaris8 container.
From: hadi motamedi on
On Aug 9, 12:27 am, ITguy <southa...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> > Sorry. My solaris8 applications can just be installed through
> > Jumpstart installation,as the following :
> > ok>boot cdrom - install
> > Can you please confirm if I can still make use of solaris containers
> > for this purpose ?
>
> If your install process is Jumpstart and it has all your applications
> all ready to go, you've most likely got a flash archive somewhere.
> Flash archives are perfect for installing as Solaris8 containers.  You
> just need to find the file and use it as the install archive for a
> Solaris8 container.

I have the installation CD but the installation procedure must be done
as:
ok>boot cdrom - install
So how can I find the flash archive?
From: Andrew Gabriel on
In article <1aa6033c-2dca-4c02-96b8-2ba27e5996d1(a)i31g2000yqm.googlegroups.com>,
hadi motamedi <motamedi24(a)gmail.com> writes:
> On Aug 9, 12:27�am, ITguy <southa...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Sorry. My solaris8 applications can just be installed through
>> > Jumpstart installation,as the following :
>> > ok>boot cdrom - install
>> > Can you please confirm if I can still make use of solaris containers
>> > for this purpose ?
>>
>> If your install process is Jumpstart and it has all your applications
>> all ready to go, you've most likely got a flash archive somewhere.
>> Flash archives are perfect for installing as Solaris8 containers. �You
>> just need to find the file and use it as the install archive for a
>> Solaris8 container.
> I have the installation CD but the installation procedure must be done
> as:
> ok>boot cdrom - install
> So how can I find the flash archive?

You need to borrow or hire a Solaris sysadmin or find a relevant
hands-on course to get you going and show you how things like
jumpstart, flash archives, etc work. Of course you can ask questions
here, but you need some more basic understanding of concepts in order
to understand the answers, and I think you're going to really struggle
otherwise.

--
Andrew Gabriel