From: David Combs on
What is it that one must do to make a flash-drive,
eg sandisk cruzer 4gb, work after being plugged
into a usb-slot?

(Used to be, it worked fine. But not now. What might
have gotten reset to some invalid value?

Before, you'd just plug it in, and when done, pull
it out. Plug and play.

Same exact version of 10 -- no patches or anything
since when it was working.

Guy from sun says the sun answer is: sometimes it works,
sometimes it doesn't.

He's going to be here tomorrow, visiting for a week --
I thought I'd ask you guys, some of whom know just about
everything that can be known about sun stuff.

----

(yes, I've asked similar question before, some time ago,
and am asking it again, because different people might see it,
same people might now know more, or some patch might
have fixed the problems.)

---

I am no expert sys-admin (heck, or ANY sys-admin) -- could someone
please give me the precise mount command and unmount command,
to try this "by hand"?

Thanks!

---

When he gets here tomorrow afternoon, I'll show him what
you guys said, and maybe he'll have some more questions,
based on that.

THANK YOU!

(God, I miss being able to use these flash drives! Oh,
it's a sunblade 2500 (red).)

David