First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
ssh publickey authentication
Why is this type of authentication sensitive to permissions on the remote user's home directory? Case in point.....Had it working fine until someone came along and changed the permissions on the remote user's home directory from rwxr-xr-x to rwxrwxrwt. Are ssh home directory permissions requirements documented some... 30 Jul 2010 10:46
solaris 10 x86 only ICMP works on rge driver
Hi all, I installed a lot of solaris 10 x86. This is the first time I encounter this problem. The motherboard is GA-EP45-DS3R with dual LAN ports. I edit /etc/driver_aliases rge "pciex10ec,8168" and devfsadm to enable both rge0 and rge1 with IP addresses (same subnet). Now the server can ping to/from an... 28 Jul 2010 22:51
ICMP reply missing
I have that problem on T5220 box. Several echo request received, but no reply send back. Here is output for snoop proto icmp and host cic1- mon. The same story about other proto but for icmp I can see it clearly. 82 0.00008 mdns-1 -> cic1-mon ICMP Echo reply (ID: 1568 Sequence number: 64685) 83 180.47132 ... 27 Jul 2010 09:30
What part number for a replacement disk drive for a T5240?
I need to arrange the purchase of a disk (probably 300 GB is the largest) for a T5240. I can't however seem to find a parts list, and so know what is the correct part number to order. Can anyone show me where I can get a list of the parts for the T5240, so can determine what disk drive to order? Dave ... 28 Jul 2010 03:07
link aggregation via dladm or...?
Hey all; We're starting to use link aggregation in our environment, and creating the aggregations with dladm. Lo and behold, the information is stored in /etc/aggregation.conf, which is a good ol' flat file, but has a dire warning at the top: "DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE DIRECTLY!!! USE DLADM OR THE UNIVERSE WILL CO... 26 Jul 2010 14:56
disk cloning?
Dear All One of my solaris8 machines has a 40GB IDE hard disk with some applications pre-installed. I have another solaris8 machine with 20GB IDE hard disk that I want to install the same applications on. I formatted this 20GB IDE disk on my windows machine and then I installed solaris8 on it. When I installed the... 1 Aug 2010 19:11
3G USB Modem Driver
Hello dude I have 3G modem BandLuxe http://www.bandrich.com/Data-Card_C270.html and I won't to Drive it inside my OpenSOlaris Box to used 3g service So any help in my Situation plz help best, ... 25 Jul 2010 05:28
How can I find is there's a server at port 8000?
On Jul 23, 9:17 pm, David Kirkby <drkir...(a)gmail.com> wrote: I wish to know of a system has a server running at port 8000, and if so what its called if possible. I know I can do $ telnet localhost 8000 but that hangs and one neds to use a control-C, Also, in general, it gives no information about t... 26 Jul 2010 19:23
How can I find is there's a server at port 8000?
I wish to know of a system has a server running at port 8000, and if so what its called if possible. I know I can do $ telnet localhost 8000 but that hangs and one neds to use a control-C, Also, in general, it gives no information about that server, though there are exceptions. I suspect lsof can do this, bu... 24 Jul 2010 02:41
How can I find out if CPU throttling is enabled?
Is there any way from a command line that I can determine if a system has some sort of power control which will reduce the CPU speed when the system is idle? I know I could look at /etc/power.conf, but I want to do this from a script and get a simple yes/no answer. Parsing files like /etc/power.conf is not so easy,... 24 Jul 2010 16:40