From: Mr. Chow Wing Siu on
Hi all,

I installed a lot of solaris 10 x86. This is the first time I encounter
this problem. The motherboard is GA-EP45-DS3R with dual LAN ports.
I edit /etc/driver_aliases
rge "pciex10ec,8168"

and
devfsadm
to enable both rge0 and rge1 with IP addresses (same subnet).

Now the server can ping to/from any IP address without problem.
For example, ping 192.168.0.1

However, all high-level applications (SSH,telnet,ftp) are not working.
For example, telnet 192.168.0.1 22 (no response) from other host.
On the other hand, telnet 127.0.0.1 22 and telnet 192.168.0.1 22
from itself are both working.

I don't understand why only ping/traceroute is allowed.

I have already used other same motherboards and the result is the same.

Do anyone know this problem? Thanks in advance.

--
Johnson Chow
From: Mr. Chow Wing Siu on
Mr. Chow Wing Siu <wschow(a)Comp.HKBU.Edu.HK> wrote:
> I installed a lot of solaris 10 x86. This is the first time I encounter
> this problem. The motherboard is GA-EP45-DS3R with dual LAN ports.
> I edit /etc/driver_aliases
> rge "pciex10ec,8168"

Hi all,

I now use gani driver. It seems working now. Thank you.

--
Johnson Chow