First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
Equivalent of "passwd -as" command in solaris / linux
Hi, We need to port our script from Solaris 10 to RedHat linux. The script creates a list of Unix user ids that is non-root and with password not "LK/loccked" via the command (below at end). The script utilitzes the #passwd -as" command in Solaris where attributes of each user is displayed (see below). Unfo... 1 Jul 2010 23:20
sftp queries
Hi, How to restrict a user to "cd" to certain directories after user sftp into the system in Solaris 10? Correct me if I'm wrong that chroot is able to perform this but it requires openssh to be installed. If I will to install the openssh, what will happen to the ssh that comes with Solaris 10? Any other way bes... 11 Jun 2010 23:37
Does Solaris need MAP_NOSYNC?
It seems that the DCC (Distributed Checksum Clearinghouse) database behaves differently if the OS includes the mmap flag MAP_NOSYNC. This flag exists in some BSD and Linux distributions, but not in Solaris or Opensolaris. The BSD man page says this: Causes data dirtied via this VM map to be flushed to physi... 10 Jun 2010 04:32
Raw disk access suitable for cloning?
Dear All I have a working Solaris8 server that I want to make an image from its hard drive suitable for my qemu-system-sparc on MS Windows . Because of lack of sufficient free space, I tried to do it as the following : #dd if=/dev/dsk/c0t0d0s0 bs=512 count=1572864 |gzip -c>/tmp/ solaris8.disk-pt1.gz #dd if=/dev/d... 9 Jun 2010 09:43
Groupware app. suite with support
Hello, does anyone use an groupware app. suite (supported) on Solaris 10/ SPARC ? Except SUN JES Communication suite .... All known (for me) suites are for Linux ... (those with support). Thanks Petr Qaxi Klima ... 9 Jun 2010 05:20
unattended pkgadd
Hi, I used pkgask to record a response file but it doesn't do the job. Looked in the man page of admin(4) but couldn't find anyting of use. the system can't resolve the following question; This package contains scripts which will be executed with super-user permission during the process of installing this pa... 9 Jun 2010 09:43
read first N bytes from binary file in shell
Hi ALL, I have one big file 46Mb size. I need to send first N=(46Mb - 17) bytes of this file to STDIN of another process without going to disk. Any solutions? tail is for tail head does not support per characters/bytes dd count=N bs=1 is terribly slow awk will go crasy about binary file. Any suggestions?... 9 Jun 2010 06:25
Veritas Cluster File System
Hi, I was wondering if anyone has experience with Veritas Cluster File System. I have 5 machines that I need to deliver a clustered file system to, however, Machines 1, 2, 3 need to see one clustered file system and machines 3,4,5 need to see another clustered file system (due to security.) Can I do that? Will a... 9 Jun 2010 17:34
Sunsolve hosed?
I've got a T2000 with a hardware fault that Sun techs have asked me to upgrade the firmware on, in order to get better diagnostic reporting. However, I can't get at Sunsolve to get the patch (139434). But Sunsolve has been "spinning" trying to log me in for over a day now, even with multiple tries. Can anyone ... 9 Jun 2010 04:16
Troubleshoot NIC
I've been asked to create a HowTo guide for resolving Solaris Network issues and I've got most things covered, but I've absolutely no idea which command I would run to determine whether or not my NIC is not working because of a hardware fault, it's simply outside of my experience as I've never had to deal with this... 10 Jun 2010 20:09