From: hume.spamfilter on
I've got a T2000 with a hardware fault that Sun techs have asked me to
upgrade the firmware on, in order to get better diagnostic reporting.
However, I can't get at Sunsolve to get the patch (139434).

But Sunsolve has been "spinning" trying to log me in for over a day now,
even with multiple tries.

Can anyone confirm that it's not just me?

--
Brandon Hume - hume -> BOFH.Ca, http://WWW.BOFH.Ca/
From: Richard B. Gilbert on
hume.spamfilter(a)bofh.ca wrote:
> I've got a T2000 with a hardware fault that Sun techs have asked me to
> upgrade the firmware on, in order to get better diagnostic reporting.
> However, I can't get at Sunsolve to get the patch (139434).
>
> But Sunsolve has been "spinning" trying to log me in for over a day now,
> even with multiple tries.
>
> Can anyone confirm that it's not just me?

Sun's "public facing" systems have been a bit of a mess since the first
time I tried to use one! Public servers that don't work, say it all!
From: hume.spamfilter on
Richard B. Gilbert <rgilbert88(a)comcast.net> wrote:
> Sun's "public facing" systems have been a bit of a mess since the first
> time I tried to use one! Public servers that don't work, say it all!

Sunsolve used to be an almost constant mess, but around a year ago there
were some major upgrades which made all the difference. Because it's been
so solid since then is why I wanted to check to see if the problem was at
my end.

--
Brandon Hume - hume -> BOFH.Ca, http://WWW.BOFH.Ca/
From: Martin Paul on
hume.spamfilter(a)bofh.ca wrote:
> I've got a T2000 with a hardware fault that Sun techs have asked me to
> upgrade the firmware on, in order to get better diagnostic reporting.
> However, I can't get at Sunsolve to get the patch (139434).
>
> But Sunsolve has been "spinning" trying to log me in for over a day now,
> even with multiple tries.
>
> Can anyone confirm that it's not just me?

I can access http://sunsolve.sun.com/ and log in with my SOA. I've also
downloaded some patches today.

mp.
--
SysAdmin | Institute of Scientific Computing, University of Vienna
PCA | Analyze, download and install patches for Solaris
From: hume.spamfilter on
Martin Paul <map(a)par.univie.ac.at> wrote:
> I can access http://sunsolve.sun.com/ and log in with my SOA. I've also
> downloaded some patches today.

Great, that helps me out. I hooked up a system that was turned off and
still had problems... so I logged into a server and used pca (and more
gratitude to you for that!) and it was able to fetch the patch no problem.

Very odd.

--
Brandon Hume - hume -> BOFH.Ca, http://WWW.BOFH.Ca/
 |  Next  |  Last